Menno Place is dedicated to ensuring the health and safety of our elders and employees. We have developed a plan to minimize the risk of COVID-19 entering our home and deal with any outbreaks in the event that they do occur. We would also ask for your assistance in implementing the plan and ensuring that you understand and abide by any restrictions for the safety of our elders.
No Visitors to Menno Home, Menno Hospital, Terrace East.
Only Registered Visitors / Family Members in Pavilion, Terrace West and Primrose Gardens
Active screening for all staff – at the beginning and end of each shift, you are asked these questions:
- Do you have a fever?
- Do you have a new or worsening cough?
- Do you have new or worsening shortness of breath?
- Do you have new or worsening sneezing?
- Do you have a new or worsening sore throat?
- Do you have new or worsening fatigue?
- Do you have new or worsening aches and pains?
- Do you have new or worsening headaches?
- Do you have new or worsening vomiting?
- Do you have new or worsening diarrhea?
Large group activities are cancelled for residents.
Practice social distancing at work and in the staff rooms.
Continued enhanced cleaning of high touch areas to prevent transmission of viruses within our buildings.
We have emergency food and water supplies.
We have PPE to meet the needs of elders and ensure staff safety if an individual contracts COVID-19.
Increased communication to Families, Friends and Residents – www.MennoPlaceLife.com
New Families, Friends and Residents FB Group
What You Can Do to Help Our Elders
Do not come to Menno Place if you answer yes to any of the screening questions (above).
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your face
- If you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue and wash your hands with soap and water. Face away from others when you sneeze or cough.
What Would Happen in an Outbreak
- Public Health, Fraser Health and the Medical Health Officer would provide direction for outbreak interventions
- The outbreak protocol for COVID-19 is very similar to the current protocol for influenza and would be followed by Menno Place
- Elders with COVID-19 would be cared for and fed in their rooms
- Enhanced cleaning protocols would be put in place as per the outbreak protocol
- As always, significant health status changes would be communicated to elders’ primary contacts as soon as possible
We recommend the following links for current, accurate updates on the extent of the COVID-19 situation in the province:
www.bccdc.ca – BC Center for Disease Control
www.news.gov.bc.ca – BC Ministry of Health Updates
https://www.fraserhealth.ca/coronavirus#.XmgX8qipGUn – Fraser Health Authority Coronavirus Information